Home > Center of Excellence
Objective of CoE
IT organizations of all types and dimensions are embracing the CoE model as a practical way of consistent and continuous improvement of their business operations. Industry/domain analysts also support the move to the CoE model.
In IT world, CoE acts as a central point of contact to facilitate collaboration between the lines of business, enterprise architects (EA), database administrators (DBAs) and application developers.
CoE Brings together a dedicated team of appropriate domain expertise and enables the organizations to identify core patterns of integration, share best practices, leverage skills and standard tools across the enterprise.
CoE provides a central source of standardized products & services with expertise, and best practices. It can also provide the entire organization with visibility into quality and performance parameters of the delivered application and support functions, helping them to keep everyone informed and keeping the applications and services aligned with business objectives.
CoE at MAP_IT
At MAP_IT Centre of Excellence (CoE) has been created. It provides IT services to other government departments at subsidized rate that any other private IT vendor can provide at market rate.
There are other benefits and objectives of having CoE
• List of Services at Subsidized rates
• Faster turnaround time (eliminating bid process life cycle)
• Best of breed market resources hired to ensure quality deliverables
• G2G services through MAP IT
And, following are advantages to State User Departments:
• State owned team established as part of MAP_IT
• All IT Services – as would have been possible by any industry System Integrator.
• G2G business model and hence fast turn-around time with zero hours being spend on hiring implementation agency.
• Can execute turnkey assignments – facilitated by MPSEDC for hardware procurement.
• Subsidized services business model (win- win for CoE and user department).
Resources under CoE are from the following key areas:
• Microsoft Technologies
• Open Source
• Security and Quality
• IT Infrastructure
• Database Administration