E-Mail Policy - 2014
This policy is prepared by the Government Of Madhya Pradesh (GoMP) with the objective of using this new, immediate and universal mode of communication to perform activities of the Madhya Pradesh Government authentically at a pick pace and low cost. This policy will be "E-Mail Policy of Government of Madhya Pradesh – 2014". This policy provides a legal status to the e-mail facility provided by the Madhya Pradesh Government and issues instructions for its use. It will be mandatory for the employees of all respective offices and associated/subsidiary Statutory Bodies, Autonomous societies, corporation, boards, commissions and authorities of various departments of Madhya Pradesh Government, who use this facility, to abide by this policy.
- All services under e-mail shall be offered free of cost to all ministries/ Departments that includes their respective Officers and associated/ subsidiary Statutory bodies, autonomous societies, corporations, boards, commissions, authorities that draw their fund from the consolidated fund of Madhya Pradesh.
- E-Mail services provided by GoMP will only be used for official communications. The use of e-mail services from other service provider shall be strictly limited to non official/personal communication.
Responsibility of taking action for legal proceedings and issuing orders for implementations of this policy shall be vested in the department of Science & Technology. Every department and organization will appoint a nodal officer and a competent authority to ensure usage of the e-mail service.
Process of Account Creation
- Employees of all organization will submit an application after when competent authority will inspect and send to implementing agency (MAP IT).
- Accounts for outsourced/contractual/regular employees shall also be created. These accounts will be created with a predefined expiry date. If such officers/employees resign before the expiry of their contractual period or remain absent without any valid reason and prior intimation, the competent authority will ensure to deactivate his e-mail account from the date of termination of his service.
Deactivation of Accounts
Any account which is inactive for a period of 90 days will be deactivated. Subsequently, all formalities will need to be completed for reopening of the said account with the same ID, subject to availability.
Roles of the Department/Organization
Following are the roles and responsibilities of all the departments/organizations of government of Madhya Pradesh following this e-mail policy:-
- Every department will appoint a competent authority.
- Every department will have a designated Nodal Officer.
- All organizations shall implement appropriate controls to ensure compliance to e-mail policy for user and e-mail policy for their respective setup.
- The concerned organization as indicated above shall ensure that official e-mail accounts of its users are created only on the mail server of the implementing agency determined by Science & Technology Department (MAP IT).