Virtual Class Room (Vidya)
|Stake Holders||• Department of Higher Education • Department of School Education • Department of Tribal Welfare • Department of Schedule Caste Welfare • RCVP Noronha Academy of Administration • National Informatics Centre (NIC) • Madhya Pradesh State Electronics Development Corporation (MPSeDC) • MP - SWAN • Madhya Pradesh Agency for Promotion of Information Technology (MAP_IT)|
|Go Live Date||01-10-2013|
Project VCR (Virtual Classroom) or VIDYA (Video Interactive Didactics for Your Awareness) was conceptualized by the Department of Science and Technology, GoMP (then Dept. of Information Technology) in 2012. After rigorous consultation with related stake holders, in the year 2013 the initiative was launched in 413 locations which are district / block level 313 government excellence schools and 100 identified government colleges. In addition to above, 10 Gyanoday Schools of the Department of Schedule Caste Development, located at district headquarters was added under the same. Thus currently project is running on 423 virtual classroom centers. Under this initiative, ICT infrastructure has been made available at Colleges and Schools of Blocks / Tribal areas along with facility to virtually attend and interact with the expert teachers of the domain. A panel of excellent teachers has been developed in the State to impart in distance teaching. Selection of teachers has been done from entire MP and they have been provided basic training on Tele teacher’s teaching skills and methodologies.
Madhya Pradesh Agency for Promotion of Information Technology (MAP_IT) is the nodal agency of the project.
• Bringing quality in education.
• Providing the benefits of excellent teachers to the students of other institutions.
• Providing all technological benefits to the students.
• Simplification of difficult subjects through technology.
• Providing the special education for students from rural areas, to assist them in being selected in competitive exams.
• Remove the shortage of teachers in rural areas through distance education. Stake Holders -
• Department of Higher Education
• Department of School Education
• Department of Tribal Welfare
• Department of Schedule Caste Welfare
• RCVP Noronha Academy of Administration
• National Informatics Centre (NIC)
• Madhya Pradesh State Electronics Development Corporation (MPSeDC)
• MP - SWAN
Madhya Pradesh Agency for Promotion of Information Technology (MAP_IT) Beneficiaries - As on Dec 2017 approx. lectures 4,976 broadcasted and approx. 1,23,62,927 students were benefitted till Dec-2017 .
Brief Description of the Program – Virtual Class Room is based on centralized portal based two-way video conferencing technology. Under the project, Teaching End is established in Bhopal and Learning Ends is established in all of the identified schools / colleges. Students of all schools / colleges are able to see and listen the lectures delivered from teaching end. Students will be able to ask questions too. Each selected school / college has developed a cell in its premises which will be called as Learning End. The cell have all the required instruments such as computer, TV / projector, camera, etc. Each cell will have capacity to accommodate approximately 40-50 students. Subject teachers will also be present in the room in order to resolve the immediate questions. The program will utilize SWAN network provided by Department of Science & Technology at each Block headquarters. Based on the success of the program its reach and utilization may be extended in the future.